Sunday, July 17, 2011

Photographing for a Modeling or Acting Portfolio

Moody Casual
As a former professional model, I often work with aspiring actors and models to build their portfolio.  Most of my clients are brand new to modeling and need to be coached through the entire process of the photo shoot, including posing.  No problem.  That's my specialty.

I try to meet with the client briefly before the shoot to discuss their needs and to work out details for the shoot day, such as outfits, hair, and makeup .  It also gives me a good opportunity to "eyeball" them in advance of the shoot and to assess their natural talent, looking for things like poise and confidence, while mentally noting their "best angles".

I advise my clients that they will need a minimum of four "looks" to start their portfolios.  It's important to show the art director or talent scout that you are versatile and are capable of pulling off various looks or playing several different characters.  My best advice to clients is don't do anything that is totally "not you", but be prepared to stretch your limits to the edge of art and creativity.  Translated, if you are a shy young lady, don't try to pull off the "vixen sex goddess" look, but aim for more of a "glamourous seductress" look.  At a minimum, I try to achieve a casual look, a sophisticated look, a wholesome look, and a playful or sexy look. 

Serious and Professional
During the shoot, I photograph the subject at as many different angles as are suiting for them.  Some models can only be shot from one or two angles, minimizing their potential, while others, like the young man in these photos, can be shot from virtually any angle with good results -- a photographer's dream!

For more information or to book a session, contact me at audra@audramitchell.com or visit my website at www.audramitchell.com






.







Cool and Sophisticated

Mystique

Romantic  and Wistful

The Comedian

Sexy 

Boy Next Door

No comments:

Post a Comment