Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"Glamour Shots for Cats?" Well, Why Not!

As a glamour and boudoir photographer, my style of rich colors, soft lighting and glowing post-processing effects occasionally cross over into my cat photography.  "Glamour shots for cats?"  Well, why not?  There are few things more beautiful and elegant, full of drama and mystique, as our feline friends.

I enjoy doing the clean "regal pose" shots on a blank canvas with kitty as the only adornment.  But it really gets fun when I throw in a prop or two for a little distraction for kitty to play with.  For some cats I stage the entire scene from snow and sleighs to hanging tulle canopies.

Cats are amazingly beautiful, and just a subtle tilt of the head, a dreamy eyed gaze, or even a haughty look creates a mood of elegance and grace.  I say, why not take advantage of all of that beauty and create something spectacular -- something glamorous!

No comments:

Post a Comment